I Want Your Referrals and Will Work Hard to Deserve Them.
Why have other dentists chosen to refer their difficult patients?
- I understand that these are your patients.
- I will only do the treatment that you request.
- Your patients will return happy from the encounter.
- Small procedures are welcomed.
- I enjoy working collaboratively and specific problem consults are welcome.
- Patients like me and I am not happy until they are happy.
- Experience dealing with difficult procedures and “getting it done.”
- Treatment options are thoroughly reviewed prior to treatment.
- All restorations are fabricated on-site by one of the three laboratory techs.
- I have the experience to restore old implant systems.
- I am committed to giving your patients superlative care.
- I will handle the complaining patient and do my upmost to satisfy.
- My office atmosphere is friendly, warm, and inviting.
- My staff is very caring toward your patients.
- I am a general dentist who understands your situation.
- I have experience with procedures that slow down your office production.
- I have a great reputation for restorative dentistry.
- I was honored with referrals of 132 different medical/dental offices last year.
- Organizations and positions held (past and present):
American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
Diplomate American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Board of Directors, Am. Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
European Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, full member
Affiliate Director of the OSU Medical Center Sleep Fellowship Program
International Academy of Gnathology
American College of Dentists
American Dental Association
Ohio State College of Dentistry, Restorative Dentistry
Case School of Dental Medicine, AGD Program
40 years of practice experience (military, rural, downtown, and urban)
The Referral Process
Dentists typically utilize The Metz Center when patients present with the following:
- Restorative/operative care, including aesthetic emergencies
- Complex prosthodontics, including removable, partial and full-mouth
- Implants, including work on patients with “obsolete” systems
- Bruxing or clenching
- TMJ/Jaw Pain
Once a diagnosis has been established medically, we can assist with treatment of:
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Daytime sleepiness
- ADHD symptoms
- Generalized malaise (in conjunction with sub-optimal sleep)
A referral to The Metz Center ensures that your patient will be offered an appointment time promptly and receive a thorough work-up, including:
- Review of dental and relevant medical and pharmaceutical history
- Patient interview to determine etiology of pain or sleep disturbances
- Standard screening for oral cancer and other diseases of the upper airway
- Panoramic, decay detecting, periapical and lateral cephalogram studies
- Preventive and restorative dental services as needed
- Differential testing for muscle or joint temporomandibular disorder (TMD), if indicated
- High-resolution pulse oximetry home sleep screening*
*Exam summary and pulse oximetry test results can be sent to the physician of
your choice for evaluation. If oral appliance therapy is warranted for TMD relief,
or for initial or post-CPAP failure treatment, we will fabricate the appliance in our
on-site laboratory, minimizing turnaround time. Again, we keep you apprised of the
patient’s progress through written letters with every visit or change in patient care.
After referral, you can expect:
- Prompt, thorough and compassionate examination and treatment of
(we reserve 2 emergency appts/day)
- Response by phone call or letter, promptly, following initial appointment
- Ongoing communication with the patient and continued treatment until
resolved or treatment options exhausted
- Patient returned to your care
We are committed to working with you in the best interests of your patients
and will go to great lengths to ensure that promise is kept to
your complete satisfaction.
Fax Your Referral To (614) 252–6474